Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pretty in Pink


It's October, do you know what that means? October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In honor of those affected show your support by sporting a whole month worth of pink outfits.  For starters lets try pink sweaters which are the perfect fall staple.

Designer
Lately I have been reading a lot of fashion magazines such as Glamour, Seventeen, and Cosmopolitan and a trend that has caught my attention is sweaters. No, not the ugly Christmas sweaters. The sweaters I am referring to are plain sweaters in light colors that pair well over a skirt, leggings, jeans, or a dress.

This weekend  was dedicated to family and friends of the students to visit and do partake in activities at my college. I worked in the box office at the campus center for most of the weekend so I was able to observe the different outfits that people were wearing. The most common ensembles that I saw included a sweater . Although I saw many sweater dresses, every person looked different in them and wore a different type. 


Reasons to love sweaters:
  • Versatile
  • Laid back
  • Warm
  • Stylish
  • Easygoing
  • Fun Designs

Designer Look A-likes For Less:


H&M $29.95


These two sweaters are chic and affordable plus they 
are pink! Now that's what I call a triple threat. Try pairing either of these sweaters with a pair of skinny sorbet skinny jeans (mint or yellow) and uggs. For some added sass even try adding a scarf to tie the whole ensemble together. 

Remember that its not important where you bought your clothes from, its only important how you wear them. Don't let brand names define you. Be yourself and let your personality shine through your clothes...and pink sweater.


American Eagle $39.95 





Inspirational Style Quote:

"My mission was to democratize fashion and make something positive out of a time that was less than ideal. After I proved my point that you could look chic using the most affordable store in the country, I opened up my blog to all the stores that are within ten miles of every home in America (Kmart, Target, Sears, etc). The mission is still the same…you can look and feel fabulous regardless of your budget."




No comments:

Post a Comment