Monday, September 17, 2012

Blazin Up The Scene

Hot Off The Runway

Are you ready to strut your stuff? Want to ace that job interview for work study? Then why not try a fitted blazer. Blazers are perfect to make any outfit suddenly more sophisticated. To the left are Emporio Armani blazers that were featured in this years fall fashion show in Milan. These gray blazers would look perfect over a bright top, black skirt, and black heeled boots. Perfect for a night out on the town with friends to relax and not worry about homework. 
What I Like: Blazers are perfect for layering which is exactly what I love to do on crisp pre-autumn days. I don't always feel like dressing up to go to class but with a blazer it's easy because I can throw on a plain white t-shirt and the blazer instantly makes me appear put together. Another bonus to a blazer is that they are lightweight so they keep you warm from the chilly weather but they don't cause you to sweat in the sun. 
What I Do Not Like: If you get the wrong size blazer then it looks slouchy. Instead of coming off as prim and composed the blazer will make you look like you are wearing men's clothes. When buying a blazer always remember to go to the fitting room and make sure its the perfect fit for you. 

Emporio Armani are designer blazers that range between $300-700. Assuming you do not have this large of a budget I have listed some trendy blazers from stores that are much more reasonably priced. 


1.Kohls

The fitted blazer pictured to the right is available 
at Kohls and it has all the same qualities you love 
about the one seen on the runway plus a better price. This stunning jacket is on sale for $36.99 and comes in sizes x-small to XL. 


                                   



2. JC Penney


Want to make a statement then try a bold print like stripes. and replicates the look of the designer blazers. A striped blazer adds attitude to any outfit and makes it the perfect piece to play up and outfit. The blazer to the left is only  $25.  









3. My Own Blazer


This is a pink fitted blazer that I bought at Kohls. I wore this recently to my work study interview and I paired it with my cowgirl boots, black jeans, and a white tank top. When I showed up for the interview I got the job on the spot. I wonder if it was the confidence I was radiating from the blazer? 











No comments:

Post a Comment